Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Good Lord its been a while

Wow. I was sitting here at the computer wondering what on my long list of things to do I should tackle next, when I surfed by here and thought "Good Lord its been a while". Damn time really does fly like a mofo doesnt it?

Can someone please explain to me how standing up and drawing attention to voting irregularities and pushing for voting reforms so people wont have to stand in line 9 hours to vote "helps the terrorists" and "degrades our democracy", cause I would really like to know. Of course I am talking about the situation that arose when the electors from Ohio were challenged during the certification process.

While a good deal of Democrats were drawing attention to the issues at hand, and trying to get the point across that this should be a top priority, the Republicans were telling them to "get over it" "the election is over" "your actions are helping the terrorists" and other great comments like that. Yea...ok.

The place where I voted had three voting machines and services about 1000 primarily white Republican people. There were places in Ohio that had three voting machines that were servicing about 6000-8000 primarily Democratic black people. I have read other stories and talked with people I know from Ohio about standing in line for 4-6 hours to vote. 4-6 hours. Most people, although they wanted to vote, probably didnt for that specific reason. How many didnt we will never know. Which is why attention should be given to these problems. ASAP...like before we have to vote again maybe. Seems like a good idea to me. Then again, good common sense ideas and this administration dont really go together now do they?

"Hey, did you see that. They are challenging the electors from Ohio, holding up the final tally. We have won!! Democracy be damned!!"

Yea...thats what the terrorists are saying David Dreier, you freaking idiot. How do people like this even get elected? J.D. Hayworth? Tom Delay? I just dunno......

In other news, the RPG publishing company I helped start is moving right along. So instead of watching the fantasyland that is the US Congress and Washington DC, I help publish real fantasy for Role Playing fans. We have a lot of big plans for 2005, and a lot of hard work ahead of us. Stay tuned for more on that front.

Got some big things in the works on the personal front. 2005 looks to big a big year for my family as well. More on that later.

Till next time.....

1 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Rabid Gerbil said...

Yea, there for a while I was lost as to what to post about. Then x-mas hit hard, and working in a busy retail environment zaps the life out of you. I needed a few days to recover, but now Im back.

Im glad to be back and hope that I will have some insightful or at least interesting things to comment on. The way the world is going, shouldnt be that hard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home