Sunday, October 31, 2004

A Little Post

As I have been riding around and whatnot, I have noticed a trend of sorts. On the backs of peoples' cars, there are these ribbon things on their tailgates. Most say "Support or Troops" or "American Pride" or things like that. Wow...nothing says your pride in America than buying these things and sticking them on your vehicle. Actually, this is pretty much All American when you think about...buying whatever crap someone produces.

My wife was actually thinking of getting one of these things and putting it on our car. The company says that they don't mark or damage your car in any way. OK...sure they don't. What I have also seen in my travels are very clear ribbon shapes on tailgates that do not currently have ribbons on them. Hmmm....I wonder where they could have come from?

If the American people want to show they support the troops or breast cancer awareness or show their American pride, there are many other more effective ways of doing it. Donate money to a cause, send letters to our troops, donate your time, etc. It really isn't that hard when you think about it.

Now, onto another topic that burns me up. I just saw a story on TV about voting and whatnot and I heard the statement that gets my blood boiling, although I have heard it many other places as well.

"I don't have the time to vote. I am too busy."

Excuse me? You don't have time to vote? You are too busy? Who the fuck do you think you are you lazy pathetic worthless waste of flesh? Everyone is busy fuckwad, but guess what...they still take that little bit of time to vote for the people that affect their lives. The lady in the story said "I live paycheck to paycheck and I just don't have the time to go vote." Heres a thought for you. Maybe you live paycheck to paycheck because you and 2-5 million other lazy fuckers DON'T FUCKING VOTE!!! The decisions that the people who DO vote screwed you in some way, and now you are suffering the effects. Give me a break people.

And I have heard that "It is too hard to register. If they made it easier, I would." This was said by someone I know pretty well, and thought they were intelligent. I just looked at them with disgust. "How much easier do you want it to be? You walk out your door and almost trip over someone trying to register you. You can register online. You can register when you get your license. Give me a fucking break." The simple fact is this...you don't want the responsibility of picking your leaders. You know what...that is fine. However, in America, we pick our leaders, so obviously you don't want that option. So leave. Go to a country where they don't get that choice or responsibility. I bet if you look up someone in that country, they would be willing to switch places with you. Go ahead...do your civic duty. Make OUR country stronger.

And while you're at it..buy one of them little ribbon magnets for the back of your vehicle. I have the perfect message for it.

"I'm too fucking lazy to give a shit. Leave me alone"


1 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bookgod agrees. everyone should vote...even if your choices are a giant douche or a turd sandwich.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home