Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Thought I'd Pop In

I wanted to pop in again and post some updates. Snow Queen and I went to pickout our carpets, flooring, cabinets and countertops today. It was hard for me, because I have been sick for about a week now, and today started off pretty bad. We had to get this done today though, since this would be our only chance together due to work, and they needed to get the orders in due to time. We picked out some great looking choices that we think will fit our style perfectly, and that will be flexible enough to be able to be matched easily.

Anyway, we took some more pictures the other day and here they are:


As you can see, they are progressing along on the house quite nicely. They have started framing in the roof/second floor, and with that step, you can get a good idea how big the house is going to be. I figured I would take some pictures inside during the day, because most of the others have been at dusk, so you could get a good look. The second pic is a view of the living room from the dining room.

While we were at Dukes picking out things today, we got a nice surprise. We got to meet Bill, the owner of NHC Inc, who is building our house. We got a chance to chat with him a bit, and he gave us some surprising news. He said that at the current rate, we should be in the house the first week of April!!! Yes, April!! That is about 2 months sooner than we had thought, since we were looking at the end of May.

Now this would normally be great news, except for me it was also a bit distressing. With the "changes" happening at my job, it makes it a difficult time to nail down good solid info for the mortgage. At least if it was the end of May, my store would have been closed almost 2 months and we would know where I was at and what I was making. Now as it stands, the ending time for both my job and my house is about the same time. Grrrrr.....it never gets easier does it?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home